Tuesday 19 February 2013

Getting back into the swing of things

So I haven't updated in a long time. Issues with losing a lot of data through google plus (for some reason) meat having to manually re-add all the pictures.

I'm still going strong with primal eating, I've transitioned from paleo to more of a primal diet, in that I've started to include more dairy. I eat a little rice and the occasional chickpea. Ive cooked some delicious things over the past few months. My recent (non-primal, but tasty nontheless) favourite discovery is gram flour pancakes.....just gram flour and water mixed to a light batter, theyre amazing with bacon, or some good cheddar and chorizo.



Ive experimented a little more with cauliflower rice recently, which Im a big fan of, its amazing fried up with garlic and some veg to make a semi pilaf (still not got the hang of pretty pictures)


My favourite primal bit of goodness is the coconut chocolate mousse from marks daily apple (recipe here http://www.marksdailyapple.com/decadent-coconut-milk-whipped-cream-with-berries-and-dark-chocolate-coconut-mousse/#axzz2LL5yp7jz)

Other things I've made recently include turkey and halloumi skewers, Lamb with roast veg and red wine jus, lots of homemade burgers with baba ghanoush, and one of my new found favourites: Curry pie....a nice chicken and veg thick curry, topped with a lemony sweet potato mash and baked in the oven. Amazing. The recipe is from BBC Good Food. I swapped the regular potato for sweet, but either would be good :) http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2865665/masala-chicken-pie



 A sweet snack.....banana slices topped with almond butter


No comments:

Post a Comment